Terms & Conditions
Minimum order: £100.
UK carriage paid on orders of £250 (ex VAT) or more. *
For orders under £250 (ex VAT): UK carriage £15 (ex VAT). *
* For the Republic of Ireland, carriage paid on orders of £300 or more, otherwise carriage £18.
* For customers outside the UK and the Republic of Ireland, prices are ex-works (or FOB to a UK mainland destination for orders of £250 or more).
New UK customers: payment required in advance for first 3 orders.
UK credit accounts are payable within 28 days from delivery of goods.
Accounts must be current before subsequent deliveries are made.
Non-UK customers: payment required in advance for all orders.
Shortages and/or damaged goods must be reported to Wilberry® within 3 days of receipt of goods, otherwise we reserve the right to not authorise credit for any shortages or damaged goods subsequently reported.
The risk in the goods passes to the buyer upon receipt but equitable and beneficial ownership shall remain with Wilberry® until payment is received in full for all invoices.
Wilberry® reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.
Our terms and conditions supersede any terms and conditions stated on a customer's purchase order.
All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Addendum to Wilberry Terms and Conditions of Trade 2013
Customers shall not list, sell or offer Wilberry products and products bought from Wilberry on any third party website or auction site (Amazon, Ebay, play.com etc). Customers shall not sell any such products on to any third party which intends to or then lists, sells or offers the products for sale in this way.
As of 1st August 2013 we will no longer supply any trading account that offers or has the intention of offering Wilberry products for sale on any third party website or which sells the products on to a third party which then offers the products for sale in this way. Customer accounts listing products bought from Wilberry on third party websites after this date will be closed.
The purchasing of products from Wilberry and the listing on a third party website, in the UK or abroad under an alternative trading name is prohibited.
DATA AND PAYMENT PROTECTION:
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO TRADERS WHEN LOGGED INTO THE WEBSITE. VISITORS CAN CONTINUE TO VIEW THE SITE AS NORMAL...
Cookies are small files that sit behind the scenes of your internet browser, they cannot carry viruses or install malware on to your computer. They are used purely to store basic information, such as login details, shopping basket orders, user traffic details etc.
· Your payments are handled directly with SagePay using the SagePay payment gateway. We DO NOT see, hold or store any credit or debit card information this is handled by SagePay who then credit our business bank account held with HSBC.
· We take online security seriously. All of our online transactions go entirely through Sage Pay – the UK & Ireland's leading independent payment service provider (PSP).
Sage Pay's security policy:
· As a payment service provider (PSP), thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Sage Pay, it is Sage Pay's top priority to ensure that customers' transaction data is kept secure at all times.
· All transaction information passed between merchant sites and Sage Pay's systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing you pass to Sage Pay's servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
· Once on Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data they hold is extremely secure and they are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
· Sage Pay's systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
· Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Pay are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
· Sage Pay has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with.
· Sage Pay is controlled by Iris Scanners, which are the latest and most precise biometric security devices available for identification. As used by; chemical plants, airports, police stations, prisons and other facilities where security is paramount. No one can enter or leave the building without a valid security pass.
· All employees at Sage Pay are Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checked prior to employment and no unauthorized individual has access to or is able to decrypt transaction information or cardholder data. Sage Pay's systems only allow access to our most senior staff and only in extenuating circumstances (such as investigations of Card Fraud by the Police). All transaction information and customer card information is secure even from our own employees.
· Sage Pay operates on twin data centres to ensure optimal system security and up-time and has a full disaster recovery and business continuation policy.